Meet the Team
Collaborative, Comprehensive Care
Led by Dr. Marla Shapiro, we promote brain health by providing neuropsychological evaluations and testing, consultation, and intradisciplinary, evidence-based interventions for concussions, sleep, and optimizing learning and behavior across settings. At the Shapiro BrainHealth Group, it is our mission to:
- Empower individuals to unlock their full potential.
- Provide comprehensive, evidence-based, and individualized solutions.
- Take a holistic approach to address the interconnectedness of mind and body.
- Offer evidence-based instructional practices and interventions.
- Help individuals overcome challenges and optimize functioning across the lifespan.
- Build strong partnerships based on empathy, respect, and unwavering support.
- Identify and capitalize on each person’s unique strengths.
- Enable every person we work with to thrive.
Dr. Marla Shapiro
Dr. Shapiro is a native Charlottean and graduate of Charlotte Country Day School. She completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Virginia and graduate training at Georgia State University, with predoctoral rotations including the Emory Clinic Center for Learning and Attention and a postdoctoral fellowship in Developmental Neuropsychology. She has worked in public and private settings, provided academic and clinical training at graduate and post-graduate levels, and lectured locally, nationally, and internationally.
Dr. Shapiro’s credentials include:
Dr. Shapiro is licensed in GA, IA, NC, and NE and holds the APIT credential for inter-jurisdictional practice in 40+ states under PSYPACT.
Karen is also a native Charlottean. She is a graduate of East Mecklenburg High School and the University of Georgia. As a devoted parent and grandparent, Karen brings the wisdom of experience, patience, and tremendous empathy for parents and others trying to find the best solutions to overcome acute and chronic challenges.
Karen’s attention to details makes it possible for the clinical team to do what they do best. Karen is a critical member of every client’s care team. She is usually the first person you reach when you contact us. Karen understands the concerns of our clients and has deep knowledge of our team’s capabilities.